When does the festival open/close?
Although HillFest will not be open until Friday, June 2nd, those who have 3 day tickets and are camping are welcome to come anytime after 9:00 am Thursday morning, June 1, 2017 to set up campsites and may camp onsite Thursday night. Gates will open each day (Friday 6/2. Saturday 6/3, and Sunday 6/4) at 8:00 am, however music will not begin until approximately 12 pm. All campers must leave by 12:00 pm on Monday, June 5th, 2017.
What happens if it rains?
HillFest will go on rain or shine! We will have tents available for limited shelter from the rain or sun. Umbrellas will be allowed if it rains, but must not block line of sight for the stages and must be used within areas designated for umbrellas, pop-up canopies, etc. Don’t forget your sunscreen!
– When does the festival open/close? Although HillFest will not be open until Friday, June 2nd, those who have 3 day tickets and are camping are welcome to come anytime after 9:00 am Thursday morning, June 1, 2017 to set up campsites and may camp onsite Thursday night. Gates will open each day (Friday 6/2. Saturday 6/3, and Sunday 6/4) at 8:00 am, however music will not begin until approximately 12 pm. All campers must leave by 12:00 pm on Monday, June 5th, 2016.
– What happens if it rains? HillFest will go on rain or shine! We will have tents available for limited shelter from the rain or sun. Umbrellas will be allowed if it rains, but must not block line of sight for the stages and must be used within areas designated for umbrellas, pop-up canopies, etc. Don’t forget your sunscreen!
– Will you search my cooler/bags? All coolers brought onto festival grounds will be searched upon entrance and may be searched at any time by festival staff/security at their sole discretion. HillFest reserves the right to search persons or bags at any time should at the sole discretion of festival staff/security.
– Can I bring a pop-up tent/canopy/umbrella/chairs? We have a space near our main stage designated for canopies, etc. to accommodate those who prefer to have one. We ask that you only use them in the designated area so that those who aren’t using one have a clear line of sight to the stage and that everyone has plenty of room to dance!
– When will the daily schedule be released? We will post a daily schedule/lineup closer to time for HillFest to begin.
– How can I volunteer at HillFest? We love volunteers and definitely need them. In future years we hope to have a designated volunteer portion on our website. For now, if you’re interested in volunteering, please contact email@example.com and we’ll gladly get back to you with all the details.
– Is re-entry allowed? Re-entry is allowed with a valid wristband.
– Is ID needed to purchase alcohol? Yes – valid identification is needed to purchase alcohol. Accepted forms include government issued photo identification card, driver’s license, or passport. Identification must be current (not expired).
– Will there be wi-fi available? Wi-fi will not be available.
– Will there be a place to charge cell phones? Yes – there will be a cell phone charging station for those who don’t want to or can’t unplug for the weekend. Please bring your own charger and we’ll provide a place to plug it in. The charging station is used at your own risk. HillFest is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen phones or chargers.
– Will there be vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free food options available? Please continue to check the vendor list at on our website. We aim to offer a variety of food vendors for many tastes, however if we are unable to meet your dietary needs, you are welcome to bring food that fits your need.
– Will there be free water? Yes – water will be available at an onsite spigot. You must have a container to put it in.
– What if I need emergency services? We will have a medical tent with basic first aid supplies. There will also be emergency medical technicians nearby should their services be required.
– Where do I go if I lose something? Head to the HillFest event & merch tent to the left of the Main Stage.
– Are pets allowed? No – please make other arrangements for your furry friends. No pets or animals are allowed at HillFest. Service animals are allowed.
– Will there be cell service available? Cell phone service for U.S. Cellular and Verizon Wireless customers is typically strong at the festival site. Service for other carriers may be spotty.
– Are cameras allowed? Phone cameras and non-professional cameras are allowed. Any professional photography (determined by detachable lenses) must be approved by HillFest management. Video and audio recorders are not allowed. If you’d like to take a quick video on your phone, go for it.
– What if I have a question that wasn’t answered here? No problem! Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll gladly answer your questions.
We want everyone to be able to enjoy HillFest! If you haven’t already, please send an email to email@example.com as soon as possible with your accessibility needs so we can be better prepared to accommodate you.
– Is HillFest accessible for those with mobility challenges? The festival site is located in a cow field and has several rolling hills (thus the name HillFest), however we are doing everything we can to ensure it is accessible and enjoyable for everyone. Golf shuttles will be available for mobility throughout the festival.
– Where can I park if I have a parking placard or license plate for persons with disabilities? There will be limited designated parking available for persons with disabilities that is closer to the site than general parking and will cost the same as general parking. Placards must be available and on display at all times to park in this area.
– What about camping? If you require a flat camping due to a mobility challenge, please be sure to email us in advance so can ensure a site is available and reserved for you.
– Do I have to print out a ticket? Yes, if you purchase a ticket in advance, you must print out the ticket and bring it with you. We will not be able to print the ticket out for you at the gate.
– Can I purchase tickets at the event? Yes. Tickets will be available for sale at the HillFest entrance. Remember, purchasing tickets in advance on our website can save you money and time. If purchased before August 1st, tickets are available at a discounted price.
– Is there a will call? Yes. There will be a will call at the entrance where tickets are scanned.
– Are tickets refundable/exchangeable? No. Once you’ve purchased the ticket, we aren’t able to provide a refund or an exchange.
– Do kids have to pay to get in to HillFest? Children under 5 years of age are free! HillFest offers exceptionally low prices for Youth Tickets (ages 5-12) – 3 day youth tickets are a mere $15 and single day youth tickets are $5. Activities for children will be available